The executive pay-for-performance plan (EPPP) for regional health authority and Saskatchewan Cancer Agency executive leadership (applies to KYRHA chief executive officer) was introduced in 2011 as a means to enhance accountability within the health system as well as to provide an incentive to achieve specific performance targets linked to key health system goals.
If performance targets are not met, the CEO can lose up to 10 per cent of base salary. If performance targets are exceeded, the CEO can earn up to a maximum of 10 per cent additional pay. Final rate of annual pay can range between 90 and 110 per cent of base salary – determined by whether a specific combination of targets are met and/or exceeded.
For the 2013-14 fiscal year, five categories of performance measures were chosen for CEOs:
- The ministry established two categories:
- 40% of the plan value was based on province-wide (system) goals
- 20% was based on fiscal responsibility
- The boards and CEO of each RHA/SCA established three measures:
- 20% of the plan was based on organizational measures
- 10% was based on patient satisfaction measures
- 10% was based on executive behaviour or competency measures linked to organizational and system values
The documents linked below provide details of these performance measures as well as the “calculated actual earned pay” based on these measures.
KYRHA 2013-14 Performance Measures
KYRHA 2013-14 CEO Calculated_Actual_Earned_Pay
KYRHA 2014-15 Measures of Performance